On July 12, 2017 at 11 am there was an unusual hustle and bustle in my class .Everyone seemed nervous yet excited .The results of matric* (grade 09) were about to be announced. I tried to keep myself calm.
Meanwhile a teacher entered the room with a paper in her hand. Everyone was anxious. She started to announce the results one by one.
After a while, she shouted Muniba Ashfaque. I was smiling outside but was nervous inside. I am sure my face was pale at that time.
The teacher said ‘well done’….I was still waiting. ………..Boom! 94%.
I took a sigh of relief and congratulated myself.
I dreamt of scoring over 90% marks in matric -10 grade – and then the day came when I had achieved the first milestone by scoring 94% in grade 09.
This was a journey of hard work, long hours studies, extra coaching, repeated preparatory exams etc. but today I want to share how my class behaviors helped me to achieve over 90 percent marks.
- In order to remember key points I needed to improve my listening skills. Sitting in the front row and listening to my teacher carefully helped me a lot.
- Questioning during the lectures enhanced my clarity on topics. It also built my confidence.
- Staying active throughout the day was very important. Healthy diet and lot of water intake helped me to stay active.
- Stop delaying and postponing. There is no tomorrow so I tried to complete my daily work on date.
- And yes! I gained greater confidence by sharing my knowledge with friends. We learn more while sharing with others. Any lecture or topic which I taught to my fellow students enabled me to understand it even more.
Summarizing all this- classroom conduct is a strong foundation for scoring high marks. Getting good grades is not impossible it all depends upon our determination.
*Matric includes grade 9 and grade 10 in Pakistan. This blog is about Ms Muniba’s 9th grade exam.
Ms Muniba Ashfaque is a student in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. For comments please write to email@example.com.
Image credit. <a href=”https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/teacher-or-tutor-studying-with-group-of-kids_1311406.htm”>Designed by Freepik</a>